Tuesday, July 3, 2012

4th of July Musical Extravaganza!

As is tradition, I'm decorating with the usual fare of patriotic music and videos. Do enjoy.

First - to get us all in a parade-day mood, here is "Seventy-Six Trombones" from the finale of the 1962 version of "The Music Man" (link to the vocal version - it wouldn't let me embed)

 

 I went searching for "Stars and Stripes Forever" and wound up with - of all things - the Muppets doing their own version. And I thought - why the heck not?

 

 (Here's the instrumental version)

 

Next, a staple of elementary school programs and one of my personal favorites - "God Bless the USA" by Lee Greenwood


 

And what 4th of July would be complete with what started it all - the Declaration of Independence (from the HBO miniseries "John Adams")

 

 Just to round things off - a mash-up of "The Patriot" and "John Adams" with the epic score to go with it -

 

 Happy Independence Day, everyone!! (and a BIG happy birthday to my niece, Jaylee, who turns 1 on the 4th)

No comments:

Post a Comment