Saturday, August 3, 2013

Review: The Rithmatist


The Rithmatist
The Rithmatist by Brandon Sanderson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



Everything you expect from an awesome Brandon Sanderson novel (but I repeat myself) is in this book. I was thrilled when I found out he was writing a novel for young adults because I loved his Alcatraz series and Mistborn - and this fits perfectly in for that middle ground of teen readers who have come to expect fantastic storytelling from things like Harry Potter and Percy Jackson. I love the scientific magic (or magical science - take your pick) of Rithmatics. I never was too fond of math and geometry, but you put in the concept of chalklings and strategy with it - I might have paid more attention in my high school math classes.

The characters are superb and the story is so well-written. There's even a mystery/crime novel aspect to this for the forensics nuts out there. This book has a something for everyone to enjoy! I can't wait for the next installment (even though I should probably go start "The Way of Kings" now - that sequel's coming out soon).



View all my reviews

ETA: Oh, hey - that actually worked! Now I can review stuff on Goodreads and it'll get posted here. Sweet!

No comments:

Post a Comment