Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Preemptive Critic - Mr. Peabody and Sherman



When I was a kid, The Rocky and Bullwinkle Show was a staple of my "Old School" cartoon viewing (along with Mickey Mouse and Bugs Bunny, of course). One of the cartoon segments within Rocky and Bullwinkle was Peabody's Improbable History all about a genius dog, Mr. Peabody, who teaches his young charge, Sherman, about history by the use of the WABAC machine to time travel to those historical time periods (gee - where have I seen that premise before?) I adored Mr. Peabody's adventures and it came to the point where I only watched Rocky and Bullwinkle reruns just for those short cartoons. When I learned there was going to be a Mr. Peabody movie, I just about leaped out of my theater seat with glee.

Simply by way of nostalgia, I preemptively love this movie.

(But I will go postal if they screw it up).

No comments:

Post a Comment