Friday, September 27, 2013

Start from the Beginning - Tell Me Everything You Know

This video was posted on Facebook this morning and I haven't been able to get enough of it! There are plenty of tribute videos out there for the 50th Anniversary of Doctor Who, but this one hit all the right emotional notes -



There are quite a few clips here that you don't often seen and some quotes that you know exist, but you don't often hear.  Everything is here - every Doctor, every companion, (nearly) every monster.  Even the music runs the gamut of feelings - from happy to sad to silly to contemplative to adventurous to wonder.  Every era is woven together to create one continuous narrative.  There were even parts where the editing was such that I couldn't tell if the clips were from a Classic or New Who story. And really, I didn't care. All I cared about was a very lovely, fitting, and heartfelt tribute to one of the greatest TV shows ever - and one that I've come to care for so very much.

If I had the means and talent to do so, this is the kind of tribute video I hope I would be able to create.  As it is, I can post it here and say "What they said."

No comments:

Post a Comment