Friday, January 1, 2010

Happy 2010, y'all!

It's 2010. I didn't realize the ending of a decade was that big of a deal (since I was 4 when the 80s ended and the end of the 90s was more about the end of the millennium).

Let's see... taking stock of the last ten years - quite a bit has happened to me: my family moved from the place we'd lived since the pioneers, I graduated high school, graduated college (twice), went on a mission, bought a car, bought a ranch, gained a brother-in-law, gained a renewed love for sports (and a renewed hatred of old rivals), started writing a book, the Utes busted the BCS (twice), ... and I'm still living in my parents' house.

All in all - a productive decade (Hey, I can't get everything accomplished at once - next decade I'll be able to add "got a Masters degree").

Oh, for Christmas, I bought myself a Jane Austen journal. One of the quotes in it pretty well sums my life up: "I wish as well as everybody else to be perfectly happy; but, like everybody else it must be in my own way." (from Sense and Sensibility).

Making that quote my motto (one of many) is about as close as I will get to making New Years Resolutions (resolutions are stupid because everyone breaks them. I'd rather make changes because I want to, not just because I buy a new calendar). Actually, I want it on one of those wooden placard thingies that are a big deal in people's living rooms. You know, the ones that say things like "All because two people fell in love" and the like. Maybe I'll put it on an LJ icon.

Everybody, have a Happy New Year.

PS - At precisely 12:00:02 am this morning, my ten-year-old cousin poked me in the eye rally hard (it still kinda hurts). When the first thing you remember of the new year is being nearly blind for a full minute, what does that mean for the rest of your year? (guess it's better than some people who wake up in the new year and can't remember what the crap they did to celebrate)

No comments:

Post a Comment