Sunday, May 27, 2012

God Bless Theater People!

On Friday (or maybe Thursday - I get my days mixed up sometimes), this little gem was spotted floating around Facebook and elsewhere.  And if it doesn't make you laugh and/or cry, you have no soul.



From what I've been able to glean from the comments, Amy and Isaac are both in theater (Amy is a choreographer and Isaac's currently in a production of something-or-another) and that's how they met.  So OF COURSE, he's going to propose in full-on Broadway fashion!  This is totally what I love about theater people - it's no-holds-barred, over-the-top fun - not just for the people putting on the production, but for the people watching.

(Also, Bruno Mars tweeted out about the video. Great stuff!)

A few extra thoughts -

- I'm pretty sure the lyrics isn't "dancing Jews," but those guys totally cracked me up.  Them and the marching band.

- Speaking of the marching band, I almost lost it when the people in band uniforms came in.  The only thing that would have made this any better is if they had instruments and were playing the song.  But this loses nothing by that omission.

- Loved the little kid in the Oregon Ducks jersey with the Dancing Jews.  Also, the older couple with the flowers. Too cute.  There was nothing about this that I didn't completely love.

- The girl in the front with the red dress?  I want that dress.

- And this just may be my own preferences, but Amy is one lucky girl.  Not just because her fiance staged this whole production for her (and props to him for doing so), but he is quite the good-lookin' guy (it could be the suit, but - damn!)

- Finally - just want to add my congrats to Amy and Isaac and all the best wishes.  Thanks for sharing your special moment with all of us - it certainly made my week!

No comments:

Post a Comment