Friday, May 4, 2012

I swear the universe is conspiring against me...

I'm having to go out of town this weekend for some family things and I'll be out of commission for a while - and all these awesome things are happening!!! ARGH!

Real quick - here's what's going down -

1. The Avengers movie is kicking ass and taking names. I hope to see it next week sometime (but if I can sneak away to a movie theater today or tomorrow, I will jump on that opportunity).

2. May the 4th Be With You - Happy Star Wars Day, y'all! (The first of two, since the Star Wars release day anniversary is May 25 and is also considering Geek Pride Day).

3. Tomorrow is Free Comic Book Day at the library (and other places too. But mostly the library).

4. The cover for A Memory of Light, the 14th and final Wheel of Time book, was released yesterday. I'll have further analysis later, but suffice it to say that this is the first cover of this series (that isn't an ebook re-release) that actually says to the potential reader "READ ME! I'M AN AWESOME BOOK!" (too bad it took until the END OF THE FREAKING SERIES to finally get such a cover /rant)

5. The Vortex Boys are watching "The Mark of the Rani" tonight for Friday Night Who. Seeing as this is one of my favorite Doctor Who stories (not just a favorite Colin Baker story - a favorite Doctor Who story in general), I'm miffed that I have to miss it.  I'll certainly watch it on my own before they review it on the podcast, but Friday Night Who is my ritual. *sadface*

Universe - next time I have to attend to personal stuff, try not to do anything new and exciting while I'm gone.  Just... make it a boring "Everyone go do yardwork" weekend, mmkay?

No comments:

Post a Comment