Monday, May 21, 2012

What If Mozart Composed Video Game Music?

I freely admit, I'm not an expert on what constitutes "good" music (actually, I'm not an expert on what constitutes "good" anything. At least, not according to what industry big wigs say).  I also freely admit that I'm not much of a gamer.  I have my favorite games that I play and I don't venture too far out of that sphere.  However, when I was a kid I played the snot out of Donkey Kong Country 2: Diddy's Kong Quest.  Hands-down, my most favoritest game! (sadly, I never completed the whole thing - I never could find those last few Bonus Rounds for the two or three Kremcoins (Kremkoins?) I lacked to finish the Lost World).

All that being said, I have long thought that Donkey Kong Country 2 had some of the best darn video game music EVER!  I recently found the soundtrack for a decent price and I've been playing it almost nonstop (just to show how much of a non-gamer I am: They have soundtracks for VIDEO GAMES? That you can BUY???)  One day while I was fooling around on YouTube, I came across this piano medley. And it is GLORIOUS:



Ah, childhood.  I've got to find my copy of DKC2 now!

(This version of "In a Snow-Bound Land" sounds like it ought to be played at a wedding).

No comments:

Post a Comment