Thursday, May 15, 2014

The Preemptive Critic - "Cinderella"



Soo... I guess Disney is making the live-action remakes of their animated movies a thing now? Well, if Maleficent does well (which, I've avoided passing judgement on until I actually see the movie - it's a risky move that could pay off huge if it does well, but it could also backfire big time if it bombs) - maybe Cinderella will be good too. I'm not opposed to the idea by any means - Cinderella was one of my favorite Disney movies growing up (and the Once Upon a Time episode dealing with that particular story is another one of my favorites - which, I wish they'd revisit those characters. But that's another blog post. Possibly. *spoilers*)

Let me say this - if they can make this something unique and not just a step-by-step retread of the classic animated film, I'm game (homages and in-movie nods are good, though). Plus, Kenneth Branagh's directing, which is never a bad thing.

I preemptively like this movie. And I hope it's a success.

No comments:

Post a Comment