Wednesday, August 26, 2009

You Search and Search ... just to find something you hate...

.... but at least it pays the bills.

Day 3 of the Job Prowl (yesterday I did apply for a few things online - but everybody's not interviewing until next week). And I'm exhausted from it all.

That and all the incessant "Teddy Kennedy dies" headlines... oh joy... I'm sooo not looking forward to the media-Michael-Jackson-love-fest (maybe I won't bring the TV up to Logan). I don't like to speak ill of the dead (even if the dead in question got on my nerves in life - to say the least). But then again, to quote a friend on LiveJournal (who in turn was quoting Jim Treacher - not sure who he is, but I like his style): "Think of it this way: If they get to bring up Camelot, we get to bring up the lady in the lake."

(Search "Mary Jo Kopechne" on Wikipedia if you don't know what I'm referring to).

That's that - I actually want to bring up something pretty funny I saw an ad on Facebook (it was on a friend's computer or I would have screencapped it so I could show you - I'm still trying to find it). It was some kind of clothing company advertising and one style of clothing was women's underwear in boy-brief style. Like, little boy post-Pullups underwear - complete with fly-opening (hey, if the Church Distribution catalog can say it, I can too). It was obviously a female wearing it - and it was hot pink.

In the best possible way I can put all this - I had to laugh. So... who is this for, anyway? Is it for those guys who just want to feel pretty? Or girls that want to feel butch? (I would make a Hillary Clinton joke, but I don't think she's worn pink since... ever). Help me out here - pick one or the other, people.

If I find the ad, I'll screencap it and post it. Trust me - there are no words.

(I stand corrected - Hillary has worn pink pantsuits to the dismay of... everybody. There are actually two at the link - scroll down to 7 and 3. Wow, glad I check my facts.)

No comments:

Post a Comment