Tuesday, April 24, 2012

The Preemptive Critic - "Brave"

I'm back! And this post's offering is "Brave" from Disney and Pixar -



Question - Has Pixar done any kind of story involving magic? Disney's done a boatload throughout the years of course, but I believe this is the first Pixar movie to do a story with actual magic (correct me if I'm wrong). So, between magic being used, a female main protagonist and the setting in Scotland (WHEE! SCOTLAND!) and by virtue of it being a Pixar film, I preemptively love, love, LOVE this movie!

... as long as Merida doesn't give a heaping big monologue about "I am Woman and OMG Girl Power!" because that's just stupid. As I have said before. But I trust Pixar can tell a story without getting annoyingly preachy (unlike various reviewers I've encountered online).

But I digress - LOVE THIS MOVIE!!

(And Craig Ferguson is in it! This thing keeps getting better and better!)

PS - How in the name of all that is good and holy would Merida get all that hair stuffed up into that fancy-head-hair-hiding thing? I mean, I have much shorter curly hair and I have the hardest time keeping it in line. Just observing.

No comments:

Post a Comment