Monday, June 7, 2010

Blogger, Backgrounds and Disappearing Links

I wish I was internet-savvy enough to make my own functional-yet-pretty Blogspot template. Just when I find one that I think looks like it could be titled "cj's notebook," I find something wrong with it, but I don't know how to change it. Maybe I don't like the font or I want something bigger or the fact that there are no links in the sidebar unless you hover your mouse over them - which is really stupid. Who wants to be wondering where their links are? And then you have to "happen" upon them? Mo-RONS!! I want to see the darn things!

sigh... I just want a decent Blogger template that'll show my YouTube videos without cutting them off and that looks like something I would write on. LiveJournal really spoiled me, you know.

While I'm on the subject of berating technology, I have some grievances to air against Microsoft Word. Why in the name of all that is good and holy did you feel the need to "fix" Word 2007? I mean, why do you have such stupid default line spacing so I have to change it every time I go to type up something as simple as a list? I don't WANT multiple line spacing when I first open up a Word document. I want to have single-line default spacing and if I need something else, I will change it. Why-oh-why am I forced to view my documents in a 2-page side-by-side view if I want to see them at 100%? And then, navigating between pages is a bitch because I have to hit the left arrow if I want to go up! Who did you take design tips from? Steve Jobs? (I have these problems in the Mac version of Word because I have my fingers trained to type on a PC keyboard and it drives me insane when I use a Mac, thus the jab at Apple). And don't even get me STARTED on the confusion that is the lack of pull-down menus. I had those babies down pat and now I have to relearn EVERYTHING I already knew about Word!

Bottom Line - Don't fix what isn't broken. Stop doing my thinking for me. It gets on my nerves. You're worse than elitist liberals who think everyone in flyover country is an ill-informed rube that clings to guns and religion (come to think of it, Bill Gates probably really does think that. Huh... I just answered my own question).

No comments:

Post a Comment