Friday, May 14, 2010

Summer Reading List Courtesy of LiveJournal

A few days ago, I asked my LiveJournal friends to recommend some good books to me since I've been at a loss for something new (and good) to read. You know, that kind of good that keeps you up reading into the night. And, boy oh boy, did they oblige. So, I compiled the list and this is what they all came up with. Hopefully my library has these. If not, I might just splurge and check out Amazon.com. One of the coolest thing is that I have not heard of most of these books and authors, so this has me excited to read some good stuff!

The List -

Author – Lisa See
Author – Alison Weir (historical fiction)
“War of the Flowers” by Tad Williams
“Not Without My Daughter” by Betty Mahmoody
“Escape” by Carolyn Jessop
“Pillars of the Earth” by Ken Follet
“The Secret Journal of Brett Colton” by Kay Lynn Magnum
“The Pact” by Jodi Picoult
“Dear John” by Nicholas Sparks
“The Westing Game” by Ellen Raskin
Author - Sarah Dessen
“Enchantment” by Orson Scott Card
“The Name of the Wind” by Patrick Rothfuss
“Warbreaker” by Brandon Sanderson
“Inda” by Sherwood Smith
“Mistborn: The Final Empire” by Brandon Sanderson
“The Curse of the Chalion” by Lois McMaster Bujold
“The Farseer Trilogy” by Robin Hobb (9 books)
“The Vorkosian Saga” by Lois McMaster Bujold (starts with “Cordelia’s Honor”)
“Sunshine” by Robin McKinley
“The Hero and the Crown” by Robin McKinley
“The Blue Sword” by Robin McKinley
“Ella Enchanted”
Author – Terry Pratchett (esp. Discworld)
Author – Robin McKinley (esp. earlier works)
- “The Outlaws of Sherwood”
- “The Door in the Hedge”
- “Beauty”
- “Deerskin”

If anyone else here has something good they'd like to recommend, I'm all ears! Most of what I like is sci-fi/fantasy, but I do enjoy a good historical fiction. If there's a sweet little love story, then I consider it a bonus. But I'm not into graphic sex scenes at all, so keep that in mind too.

(Just as an aside -I have intentions to begin "Fablehaven" and the Percy Jackson series, but I recently started Shannon Hale's "The Books of Bayern" series. And I just finished Brandon Sanderson's "Elantris," which I enjoyed quite a bit.)

No comments:

Post a Comment