Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Memorial Day!



(video h/t to HillBuzz.org)

I just want to take a moment to say "Thank You" to all the men and women throughout history who have sacrificed their time, talents and lives to keep America free!!!

This weekend, I have worked on my book, I have read some things I've been wanting to read, I watched "Star Wars," I went to church, I came home and helped my folks with some yard work (and got to play pyro int he burning barrel ^_^), I got to spend time with my cousins (including one cousin who's out that I don't get to see very much) - all these things, I think, I can do because I live in a country that is free. I know that phrase gets used a lot and it starts to sound kinda trite, but I also think that cliches become cliche because they are true. America's freedom comes because of the soldiers who have fought and died to keep it that way.

So no matter your political opinions or persuasion, as you're on your way to picnics and BBQs today (or whatever plans for frivolity and frippery you may have - and there's nothing wrong with that), take a moment to remember those who made these things possible for you. And if you get the chance, thank them.

Happy Memorial Day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment