Friday, April 15, 2011

30 Days of New Who: Day 15 - Favorite Rose Moment

From "The Parting of the Ways" -



I love this scene for so many reasons. When I first started watching "Doctor Who," I was in a similar place in life as Rose was. I didn't have a job, I lived at home, I felt like I didn't have very much going for me, people around me were never very happy so that rubbed off on me and I was never very happy - and then I was introduced to this wonderful, fantastic, amazing person who did wonderful, fantastic, amazing things and shared his experiences with his friends. It was something I needed when everyone else around me was dripping with cynicism and negativity - it was something good and something to be happy about. And I felt like I could do something to change my own fortunes - or at least the things I was doing were going to lead me somewhere good eventually. Every time I watch "The Parting of the Ways" and see this scene, I think of that time in my life - how much the Doctor changed my life much the way he changed Rose's.


Also, Rose is just awesome in this scene. And it sets up fantastic things to come.

No comments:

Post a Comment