Saturday, September 5, 2009

The Queen of Rotten Timing

The good news: I found a Masters in Library Science program that actually comes to Salt Lake ever other year. Emporia State University in Kansas sends a director to conduct an MLS program at their Salt Lake City regional "campus" (really - a public library in Sugarhouse). They accept applicants in groups of "cohorts" every other year. It's a legitimate program and it's highly respected in the area.

The bad news: The next term starts January 1, 2010 - and the application deadline is October 1. I would have to have letters of recommendation and GRE scores by then. Considering I haven't even started the GRE prep course (it starts on Tuesday) - it's not going to happen this year.

In short, if I want to use this avenue to get my Masters - I'll have to wait another year.

Blast...

No comments:

Post a Comment