Thursday, September 10, 2009

Ready in More Ways than You Know

The NFL season starts in a half hour - tonight's game is the Pittsburgh Steelers versus the Tennessee Titans. Iiiiii'mmmm going with the Steelers on this one. It's tradition to cheer for the Steelers (and I'm still trying to wrap my head around the fact that Arizona made it to the Super Bowl last year. Just as much as I'm still trying to understand the Seachickens in 2006. I'm beginning to think that the Steelers' calling in life is to tell these cupcakes to sit down).

Besides, I've never been a huge fan of the Titans. They played the St. Louis Rams in Super Bowl XXXIV (in 2000 for those who are stumped by Roman numerals) and the Rams beat them, so that ended that. You have to know how I pick who to cheer for, I guess. Once I'm a fan, I'm a fan for life (on the flip side, if I ever dislike you, forget it. I take loyalty to my sports teams very seriously. Potential mates, take notes).

Another reason I am eagerly anticipating this season? I missed last season. Ironically, for the last year and a half, I actually lived in a city that is home to an NFL team and I've never been more out of the loop on football (granted, I had a legitimate excuse - besides, the Jaguars aren't that great anyway. I'd probably cheer for them if my only other option was New England or Dallas - whom I NEVER cheer for on principle).

Well, that's it for me. Enjoy the game, everyone. Go Steelers.

(x-posted to LiveJournal)


ETA: The Steelers won in a very defense-heavy game. Came down to the wire, which, those games are always fun. Now, I've been happy with NBC's coverage of the NFL, but I don't know if I can stand a whole year of Cris "Chicken-neck" Collinsworth commentating. The Steelers are marching to the endzone and all he can carp about is how stupid it was that the Steelers went to no-huddle and let the Titans' defense put in freshbodies. Just his voice grates on me...

Well, it could be worse. Keith Olbermann could be doing commentary (oy - I just threw up in my mouth).

Madden - we'll miss ya. And I'm not just saying that.

No comments:

Post a Comment