Sunday, February 28, 2010

This Little Part of My Life is Called Happyness

I`m just here watching "The Pursuit of Happyness," which I had never seen before. I`m at the part where they go to the 49ers game with the bigwig CEO. And - they just keep having troubles and getting into roadblocks, even though there are small victories. And I get to thinking (that`s what these movies do, you know) that life does that - like a carrot on a stick. It dangles, then you think you have it, but then it pulls back like "ha ha - pull the other one!"

Sometimes, it seems like we are only allowed so much bliss and joy - for about a day. Then life sends you packing back to reality. Like Cinderella at midnight. "The ball`s over, go back to the kitchen."

But then, you know, the magic let her keep her glass slipper. I like to think of it as a "tender mercy," letting her know that it really did happen - she really did dance with the prince and she was the princess for the evening. And she held onto it and it led her back to the prince to live happily ever after.

(witness my ramblings - think anything will ever come of it?)

No comments:

Post a Comment