Friday, March 5, 2010

Being Bold Tingles

So, I'm on one of the conservative right-wing websites that I frequent (hillbuzz.org - just to give the Boyz some more publicity ^_^) and they're talking about some issues that I'm quite passionate about. I logged on to make a few comments - holy crap I got heated. And snarky - don't forget the snark.

I don't think I could do that face-to-face with somebody. I'm too timid in real life. Unless I know you very well - then I could call you a dirty, rotten you-know-what to your face and not bat an eyelash. Especially if you really are a dirty, rotten you-know-what. But the internet makes it so much easier (for the record, just calling somebody a dirty, rotten you-know-what really doesn't solve anything. Just like the terms RAAAAACIST and homophobic and Nazi have lost meaning - you have to have facts behind why you're disagreeing with somebody. Otherwise, people will think you work for MSNBC. And, yes, we've determined that RAAAAACIST is now spelled with five "A's" and your resident English major has signed off on it. So it is written, so it shall be).

These are precarious times we're living in (honestly - study history - when are we not in precarious times?) and there's a lot to be passionate about. I think the more you educate yourself and really think about what's going on around you, the more you want to do something about it. And we all do that in different ways (my way just happens to be the most correct - lol). But my hat's off to those who are passionate about their beliefs.

I have no patience with moderates. Moderate is just another way of saying "I don't know what the crap I think, but I need to have a position to look hip, so moderate sounds like a safe choice." Moderate may okay in eating habits and exercise, but it doesn't cut it in core values.

Maybe I'm too passionate about some things - but somebody has to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment