Monday, March 29, 2010

Random Thoughts - 3/29/10

I Believe the Term You're Looking for is *headdesk* - Just came back from yearbook. And found out that the school owns a copy of Adobe PageMaker! And we've been needlessly using PowerPoint this whole time!! The best line was the principal going "Oh - well, we used PowerPoint last year and it was a nice yearbook."

(Note - Last year's yearbook was the publishing world's version of cow manure. Even the kids said so. If you saw it, you'd think so even if you had the tact to not say it out loud. Which I didn't until this year's staff said it first. Then I felt okay about it.)

Is There Something You're Trying to Tell Me? - Upon my return home, I got the mail and saw that this month's church magazines had come. And one of the cover stories on the Ensign was "Confidence to Marry" and then listed four - count 'em, FOUR - page numbers on which related articles could be found. If that wasn't enough, the entire New Era is dedicated to the topic of "Dating for Beginners."

I'm almost afraid to look in the Friend...

Ending on a Upbeat Note and a Question - I also got a notice of my student loan awards and all I have to do is go online and accept the ones I want for the 2010-2011 school year (yay!!!) But I also have a question that maybe someone out there in internet land can answer - I've been awarded subsidized and unsubsidized loans and a Perkins loan. I accepted the subsidized loans because those don't start accruing interest until I graduate (unsubsidized accrue interest the minute they're issued). But, the Perkins loan - I'm not sure when it starts collecting interest. And I need a little extra because the subsidized loans didn't quite cover all my tuition and fees and I need money for books and such.

So, my question is does anyone know if a Perkins loan starts accruing interest when I get it or if it waits until I graduate? I tried looking for the answer online, but nobody has a satisfactory plain-English-non-legalese answer and the financial aid office in Kansas is closed (color me an idiot).

No comments:

Post a Comment