I had a busy church day today, so I the only game I saw today was Sunday Night Football (Cowboys-Redskins - wow, that was THE game to catch!) I haven't even seen all the highlights yet, though I'm waiting for Chris Berman to make his appearance on ESPN so I can get the nitty-gritty (I can't figure out why the Blitz hasn't come up yet). However, here are my thoughts on what I have seen so far:
- - The Colts lose to the Texans??? Don't tell me we have the Second Place Curse!!! D: D: D: (often, when a team loses in the Super Bowl, their next year will stink - how I pray that hasn't happened here!)
- The Blitz is on - Basically, Houston played better. And it's the Zoobie's fault. Again. How I hate Austin Collie (been making my life miserable since 2007 DX).
- Brother Eli - you know I love you, but Brother Peyton needs some love, so I'm preemptively picking the Colts in next week's Sunday Night game (was there any doubt of that?) It's nothing personal - I'll still be a loyal fangirl the week after. Al Michaels can't say M. Night Shymalan's name (that's okay - I can't spell it).
- Two things I'm sure of - Cris Collinsworth is still annoying and it is crappy horror movie season.
- What were y'all saying about the Cowboys being the first team to play a Super Bowl in their home stadium? (People who make Super Bowl picks before and during Week 1 are morons. The end.)
- It's no secret that beer commercials are among the funniest commercials out there. But why, pray tell would I want to swim in an ocean of Bud Light? That stuff stinks.
- What muskrat died and left it's pelt to Tom Brady's hair?? Holy crap...
- At the end of Sunday's action, this is where my picks stand - I got 12 right with two more tomorrow.